Registration Renewal for existing organizations
All organizations are required to renew their recognition annually by completing the Recognized Student Organization Application (RSO) through OrgSync, update their organization profile and registration profile before October 1st. This will ensure that we have accurate contact information for your organization. Any newly elected officers should attend an Organization Orientation and Training to become familiar with the Organization Network and Organization Profile. Orientation and Training is scheduled for Sunday, October 2, 2011. Registration forms are available on OrgSync under the Forms tab. Existing organization officers will follow these steps to complete registration renewal:
- Log into your organization portal
- From the left navigation bar, click on the Forms icon
Select the Recognized Student Organization Application - NEW ORGANIZATIONS or Re-Recognition Application.
If you are a Greek or Sports and Recreation Organization, the Sponsorship Form must be filled out. This is found under Files and Recognition Paperwork.
- Make sure all the information is filled out properly or your application will be deferred.
- If you are a Greek, Sports & Recreation or Departmental organization, the Sponsorship Form must be filled out. This is found under Files, Recognition Paperwork.
- All applications will be reviewed by our newly created Committee on Recognized Student Organizations (CORSO).
- All presidents of organizations must attend training on Sunday, October 2, 2011 from 1pm – 4pm.
- All organizations must view the Risk Management Video and answer a questionnaire by October 31, 2011. The questionnaire can be found under the Forms tab.
- All organizations must have their advisor sign the Requirements of Recognized Student Organizations form along with the president of the organization. This is found under Files, Recognition Paperwork. Once completed, it must be uploaded as part of the RSO Application.
Starting a new student organization
To start a new student organization you will need to fill out the Recognized Student Organization Application - NEW ORGANIZATIONS. You must have at least five members to start a new student club or organization. All organizations must have a current constitution or by-laws. A sample is on the Oshkosh Student Association Website at http://uwosh.edu/osa . RSO Application reviews are done by the Committee on Recognized Student Organizations (CORSO). Applications will be reviewed weekly. Once your application is reviewed and all paperwork is received by CORSO, a representative of your organization will be required to attend an OSA Senate meeting, which are held every Tuesday evening at 4:45pm. The OSA Senate will review and make the final approval for recognition.
- Fill out the Recognized Student Organization (RSO) Application found under the above Forms tab. (Make sure you have all the information before you fill out the form, including the below forms)
- Develop your organization constitution or by-laws. These will need to be uploaded into the RSO Application
- Fill out the Sponsorship Form (if applicable), scan and upload into RSO Application
- Fill out the Requirements of Recognized Student Organization form (required by all organizations), scan and upload into the RSO Application
- Attend Organization Orientation